SBI Savings Account: How to Register and Update Mobile Phone Number and Email ID
New Delhi: If your mobile number is registered in your savings account, you can track all transactions. In addition, you will also be notified immediately when an unauthorized transaction takes place in your bank account. It is mandatory to have your mobile registered with the State Bank of India (SBI) Savings Account to benefit from the Internet banking feature.
By doing this, SBI savings account holders can not only confirm that their bank account is illegitimate, but also keep a record of all the transactions they have made. And also, on the registered mobile number itself, they receive all OTP, PIN activation notifications. Even, you can’t withdraw more than 10,000 from your SBI account if you haven’t updated the bank with your correct cell phone number and email id.
How to update the mobile number via SBI Internet Banking
- Log on to www.onlinesbi.com
- Navigate to “Profile-Personal Details-Edit Mobile Number.” under “My Accounts”, appearing on the left panel of the screen.
- On the next page, select the account number, enter the cell phone number and click Submit.
- The last 2 digits of the registered mobile number (not modifiable) will be displayed to you.
Steps to Update Email ID with SBI Online Savings Account
- Visit www.onlinesbi.com and login to your bank account using the required credentials.
- Click on the option “Profile-Personal Details-Edit Email ID” and navigate to the “My Accounts” section in the left panel of the page.
- Now select your savings account number, enter your e-mail id and click on “Send”
- By using the OTP sent to your registered mobile number, changes to an email address can be made successfully.
Get all the latest business news, market news, income tax news, equity market, live updates from Sensex Today on Times Now